Back in 2009, tourists who visited Sri Lanka didn’t even reach 450,000, but then it was mainly because there was a civil war on the island. Ever since the conflict ended, visitors have been arriving in droves, eager to see the attractions that once impressed Marco Polo and made him declare Sri Lanka as the finest island in the world. Nowadays, it receives 1.5 million people visitors each year. If you’re planning a trip to this paradise, there are plenty of excellent places to stay in Sri Lanka.
- Uga Bay Hotel. Located in Kalkudah, it’s one of the most romantic hotels on the island. It’s brightly lit, the beaches and the swimming pool are stunning, and the staff personnel are quite helpful. You won’t have any difficulty relaxing here, and the food is fantastic. The guest rooms are large with spacious balconies, and the public rooms are airy and well-furnished.
- Jetwing Vil Uyana. For many visitors, this Sigiriya hotel ranks foremost among all the luxury hotels in the entire island. You may not believe that such a place exists, as sometimes a stay here may seem like something from the movies. The rooms are huge, the people are friendly, the food is fantastic, and it feels like you can always find an exotic monkey or bird everywhere you look.
- Cape Weligama. This superb hotel perched on the cliff tops in the idyllic town of Weligama overlooks the Indian Ocean, and for many guests this hotel counts as a tourist attraction in itself. It’s a charming place known for its superb service, and you can even have your very own butler! The views are fantastic, and you can enjoy any item off the menu and drink list. On fish market night, delectable seafood dishes are put on display, and you can order any one of them for a memorable night time meal.
- Amanwella. Tours in Sri Lanka can be really hectic, and the Amanwella Hotel in Tangalle is the perfect relaxation spot if you want to take a break. Here you can enjoy a spacious and well-appointed villa, and while you can enjoy the beach you also get your very own infinity pool. The pool staff will attend to your every need, and the relaxing atmosphere is perfect for unwinding after a day of frenetic sightseeing.
- The Fortress. This hotel in Koggala is very famous, and it’s easy to see why when you come here. Get a suite and you will enjoy a spacious and well-furnished room with Bose Hi-Fi sound systems and a personal butler to see to your whims. The food is especially terrific, as it’s prepared by a world-class chef. There’s also an infinity pool, but it’s only a short walk to the beach and there’s also a sheltered bay opposite the hotel.
- Jungle Beach Resort. You get a cottage in the outdoors right by the beach, while there’s also a charming pool right outside your door. It feels like you’re living in the most comfortable jungle in the world, with all the trees and animals around you!
Stay tuned for more Sri Lanka travel tips!